Tuesday, July 1, 2008

adulthood and ethics

today i have my first apartment...officially. a new stage in life. this apartment is not campus housing...nor is it with my parents. adulthood here i come!

on another note entirely, yesterday i started my class in ethics at hacc. my first secular college class. interesting to say the least. we're going to touch on most hot topics. ethics is certainly an intriguing class to take if you are like me. every class i have ever taken in college has forced me to integrate my christian worldview. we talked about relativism yesterday. in this class, almost no one will end up sharing my view that there IS ultimate truth of which God is the source. relativism says that what is right depends on your own experiences...what is right is different for everyone. but my professor did point out the problems of relativism. one of those problems being this: can you ever really declare the statement "all things are relative"? it's contradictory! interesting indeed. mentally stimulating to say the least.

No comments: