Sunday, October 25, 2009

not tired at all

insomnia is a fickle friend who seems benign. it keeps me up doing pointless activities like making playlists that don't have a theme you can put a name to - but you just know when a song has that special sound that qualifies it for a click and drag. and yet i do this with the knowledge that all planned activities for the coming day are ruined.

on a slightly strange and related note, i found myself listening to elliott smith's song "2:45am" at exactly 2:45am. i looked at the time on the corner of my computer screen all "wouldn't that be funny if...wait just one dang second...no...freakin'...way". i felt the immediate need to tell someone, but since my friends have much less erratic sleep schedules there is no one immediately available. so i decided to tell my blog instead. too bad my blog can't say "that is sooo weird!" back to me like caitlin would or "lmfao" like krista would.

can the rest of the world not be resting right now?
wake up and hang out with me.
we would have so much fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

for what it's worth, i'm probably never resting when you're insomnia-blogging... also, kerry miller should be up at all hours of the day-night spectrum.