Tuesday, May 27, 2008

a haircut, a check, and some lyrics that move my soul

a couple of things to share:

1. the new mars volta album, the bedlam in goliath is rocking my world.
"never heard a man speak like this man before,
never heard a man speak like this man before,
all the days of my life, every since i've been born,
never heard a man speak like this man before."
props to adam for reminding me that this band exists.

2. i have a trendy new haircut. i don't have a camera though, so you can't see it.

3. tommorow is my first day of work, as well as my birthday...party on.



4. i like this new church i'm going to. they really love Jesus and love people. newsong fellowship is a rare jewel among a wasteland of churches these days.


5. i got a big refund from our lovely government today....although, if ron paul was president, we wouldn't have to pay income tax at all. i really love that man.


6. i learned to play the sweet riff from mewithoutYou's "tie me up! untie me!". it's my favorite thing in life right now. "i was swimming through the waves for what must have been days! but could find no relief. then i started sinking down, i thought for certain i would drown, until i saw you in the ocean, underneath. all the bright colored fish tell of a treasure in a dull shell. such subtlety so easily missed. You, my hidden pearl of pure and perfect love and i'm the living example, of 100% the opposite of this!"

7. is numbering things stupid?

No comments: